- Ski or snowboard over 200 acres.
- Try the terrain park’s half pipe or slide down a lane in the tubing park.
- Enjoy a sleigh ride as part of your Deer Mountain skiing experience.
- Mystic Miner Ski Resort is located just 4 miles from Lead, SD.
- Open daily during peak season.
Mystic Miner (Deer Mountain) Ski Resort’s range of mountain facilities and services makes it an ideal location for wintertime family vacations. Over 200 skiable acres and 44 trails cater to skiers and boarders of all abilities. Novices can enjoy group and private lessons at the ski school and Blizzard Tube Park is perfect for non-skiiers who still enjoy a thrill. The Atomic Shelf Terrain Park features a new half pipe and sleigh rides run daily from the lodge. Resort accommodations, dining at Mine Shaft Tavern, cross-country skiing and village shopping are also available.
Mystic Miner is located in the northern Black Hills, 4 miles from Lead and 49 miles from Rapid City.
- From Lead: Travel west on US-85 before turning left onto US-14A/US-85, continuing 3.1 miles. Turn right onto Deer Mountain Rd and travel .3 miles; Mystic Miner is on the right.
- From Rapid City: Travel west on US I-90 for 29 miles before taking the US 14A exit (30) toward Deadwood/Lead. Turn left onto I-90 BL/US-14 A/Boulder Canyon Road and continue 19 miles before turning right onto Deer Mountain Road.
Mystic Miner Ski Resort is generally open from late November through early April, operating daily during peak season.
- Lodge: 8:30 am – 6 pm
- Lifts: 9 am – 4 pm
- Mine Shaft Tavern: 10 am – 6 pm
*Other mountain facility hours vary.
Lift Tickets 2016-2017
- Adult (13-69): $45
- Junior (12 and under): $36
- Senior (70 plus): $5
Enjoy 44 trails, with a 6850 ft summit and 850 ft vertical rise. The Atomic Shelf Terrain Park features rails, box jumps and half pipe while the Blizzard Tubing Park offers multiple lanes for plentiful fun. Have a meal and cocktails in Mine Shaft Tavern, shop in the village, and rest in the resort after a day on the slopes. Take your family on an evening sleigh ride or enjoy an invorgating afternoon of cross-country skiing. Equipment rental and retail shops are available as well as a snack shop, ski school, daily and seasonal passes, and top-notch chairlift systems.
- Phone: (605) 584-3230
- Mail: PO Box 622
11187 Deer Mountain Rd.
Lead, SD 57754