Black Hills Playhouse
Treat yourself to first-rate summer theater with the Black Hills Playhouse.
- Located in Custer State Park.
- Shows play throughout the summer.
The Black Hills Playhouse is a non-profit, professional summer theatre and training program. Founded in 1946 by Dr. Warren M. ("Doc") Lee, the Playhouse is located in Custer State Park and has the distinction of being one of the oldest summer stock theatres in America. Each season offers a variety of plays, including comedies, musicals and more, performed by professional actors and actresses.
The Playhouse is located at 24834 S. Playhouse Rd, just outside of the town of Custer in Custer State Park. You'll find it between Iron Mountain Road and the Needles Highway near Center Lake Campground.
The Black Hills Playhouse is open from the beginning of June through August. Shows typically run Tuesday through Saturday at 7:30pm with matinee performances Saturday and Sunday at 2pm.
- Adults: $32
- Seniors (62 and up): $29.50
- Military: $29.50
- Students (19-21): $29.50
- Children (up to 18): $15.00
Note that the Playhouse is located within Custer State Park and day passes are required to enter the park.
For information on this season’s shows, show times and tickets, call (605)255-4141 or visit their website.
Share Your Thoughts
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
- Stock Show and Rodeo
- Rushmore Independence Day
- Deadwood Jam
- The Black Hills Pow Wow
- Lean Horse Marathons
- Custer Park Buffalo Roundup
- Crazy Horse Volksmarch
- Black Hills Corvette Classic
- Black Hills Bluegrass Festival
- Deadwood Oktoberfest
- Deadwood St. Patrick's Day
- Spearfish Winter Art Show
- Quilter's Guild Show
- Black Hills Playhouse
- Black Hills Symphony Orchestra
- Wild Bill's Death Reenactment