Black Hills Symphony Orchestra
While in the Black Hills, enjoy a night of music with Rapid City’s own Black Hill Symphony Orchestra.
- Tickets are $20-$30/adult and $12-$19/students.
- Located in the Rapid City Performing Arts Center in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- Approximately five concerts each season, including special events and guest artists and conductors.
- Most performances begin at 7:30pm.
Founded in the 1930s, the Black Hills Symphony Orchestra began as a small group of musicians and has since grown to include roughly 90 musicians who play together on a regular basis. The Black Hills Symphony produces a number of performances each year, featuring professional guest artists and collaborating with local dance studios and student musicians to bring a wide variety of music and art to the Black Hills.
The Black Hills Symphony Orchestra performs at the Rapid City Performing Arts Center, located in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Concerts begin at 7:30pm, except for the New Year’s performance, which begins at 8pm.
Tickets prices are $20-$30/adult and $12-$19 for students. Series tickets are also available. Groups of 10 or more receive a ten percent discount.
To purchase tickets, call 605-394-4111. Tickets may be purchased up until the beginning of the concert.
In addition to a regular season schedule, which includes many fine performances and guest artists and conductors, the Black Hills Symphony Orchestra works with other dance and theatre organizations to produce ballets, musicals, operas and more.
The Black Hills Symphony Orchestra also hosts an annual Young Artist Competition, which rewards young musicians and gives them an opportunity to perform with the Orchestra, as well as a number of other educational outreach programs for students and aspiring musicians.
and Travel Updates
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
- Stock Show and Rodeo
- Rushmore Independence Day
- Deadwood Jam
- The Black Hills Pow Wow
- Lean Horse Marathons
- Custer Park Buffalo Roundup
- Crazy Horse Volksmarch
- Black Hills Corvette Classic
- Black Hills Bluegrass Festival
- Deadwood Oktoberfest
- Deadwood St. Patrick's Day
- Spearfish Winter Art Show
- Quilter's Guild Show
- Black Hills Playhouse
- Black Hills Symphony Orchestra
- Wild Bill's Death Reenactment