- The Journey Museum is five institutions in one.
- The Museum is open year round, 7 days a week with limited exceptions.
- Summer and winter seasons have different open hours.
The museum creates an enjoyable experience for all ages and is easy to navigate. It is broken up into four time periods in history, complete with artifacts, life like settings, and interactive exhibits. View history through the eyes of two very different lifestyles and time periods. The Lakota Native Americans and pioneers both made the Black Hills their home but used its resources differently and lived with different passions and values.
The Journey Museum
222 New York Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
(2 blocks east of the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn)
The Museum is open year round with some exceptions. The museum will be closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday & first two weeks of January for annual cleanup and repairs.
- Summer Hours (Memorial Day through Labor Day): Mon-Sat: 9am-6pm; Sun: 11am-5pm
- Winter Hours: Mon-Sat: 10am-5pm; Sun: 1pm-5pm
Kids (ages 10 and under) FREE
- Students (ages 11-17) $7
- Adults (ages 18-61) $10
- Seniors (ages 62 ) $8