- Open late-May through early-September.
- Single slide rides are $12
- Chairlift rides are also available: $9/Adult, $4/Children.
- Additionally, enjoy scenic views in Mountain Top Park and a meal at Summit Grille.
Bring your family to the President’s Slide at Rushmore Tramway and enjoy an exhilarating ride down 2,000 feet of winding track. Located just east of Mt. Rushmore, begin by taking a relaxing chairlift ride above rolling hills covered with Ponderosa pines, featuring views of Mt. Rushmore. At the summit, rest a few moments in Mountain Top Park amidst two waterfalls, gorgeous flowers and picnic tables, or grab a burger, salad and beverage at Summit Grille. Then, for the adventurous sort, plunge down one of two alpine slides that twist and turn through the pine forests while seated on a wheeled sled equipped with handbrake. Or, simply take a return chairlift ride back down, with views of Keystone and the surrounding area.
The Alpine Slide is located off US-16A in Keystone, 2.5 miles east of Mt. Rushmore. From Hill City, take US-16/US-385 east for approximately 9 miles, before exiting on the US-16 W ramp toward SD-244 W/Keystone/Mount Rushmore. Continue straight on US-16A for 3 miles and then turn left onto Cemetary Road.
213 Cemetary Rd.
Keystone, SD 57751
Ph: (605) 666-4478
Open daily, weather permitting, from late-May through early-September.
- Hours: 10am - 5pm.
- 2016 dates: May 7 – September 25. Weekends only in May and September.
Round-trip Chairlift Prices
- $4/Child (2-6 years)
- Free for 2 and under
*includes chairlift ride up
- Adult: $12/single ride, $50/5 rides, $80/10 rides
- Child (2-6 yrs): $4/ride (must ride with adult)
Don’t forget to pick up your “Got Guts?” t-shirt and other souvenirs in the gift shop.