- There are limited services through out the Badlands National Park.
- Restaurants, service stations, and lodging facilities can be found in the gateway communities of Interior and Scenic.
- There is no public transportation in the Park.
- Ben Reifel Visitor Center is open year round.
- White River Visitor Center is open in the summer.
The Badlands of South Dakota is true desolation, where you can look for miles and see no sign of civilization. Therefore it is good to know where you can Badlands National Park information, services and facilities in this desolate land.
Contact the park directly at (605) 433-5361 or visit the Park Website.
Ben Reifel Visitor Center
The main Visitor Center is located on Cedar Pass "Badlands Loop Road" Hwy 240 and houses the Park Headquarters. Located at park headquarters, the Ben Reifel Visitor Center reopened in 2006 with new exhibits, a 95-seat, air conditioned theater, a new film, Land of Stone and Light, and improved classroom and restroom facilities.
- Hours of Operation: Open year round with extended hours during the summer.
- Lodging & Campgrounds: Near here, you will find the Cedar Pass Lodge which offers rental cabins, a gift shop, and full-service restaurant. Call (605) 433-5460 for reservations.
- Food: The only restaurant is a part of the Cedar Pass Lodge, but it does serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transportation: There is no public transportation inside the Park.
- Fuel: The closest fuel to Ben Reifel Visitor Center can be found in Interior, a small town approximately 2 miles away.
- Service Station: The closest service station can be found in Interior, the small town at the entrance to the Park.
- Laundry & Showers: There are no public showers available at this Visitor Center.
- ATM: Located at Cedar Pass Lodge
- Post Office: Located at Interior, SD
- Medical Services: Dial 911 for 24-hour emergency care.
White River Visitor Center
This Visitor Center is located on SD HWY 27 roughly 20 miles south of Scenic, South Dakota. Located on the Pine Ridge Reservation, the visitor center is operated by the Oglala Sioux Parks and Recreation Authority (OSPRA). Features here include a staffed information desk, restrooms, picnic tables, water and informational exhibits.
- Hours of Operation: summer only.
- Fuel: The closest gas station is found in Scenic, SD, 20 miles to the north.
- Medical: Dial 911 for 24-hour emergency care. The closest medical clinic is located in Scenic, SD, a 20 mile drive north.
Visitor Information: (605) 433-5361
Mail: Badlands National Park
25216 Ben Reifel Road
PO Box 6
Interior, SD 57750