- Rapid City Regional Airport (RAP) is 15 minutes from downtown Rapid City.
- Sioux Falls Airport (FSD) is 348 miles from Rapid City.
- Casper Airport 242 miles from Rapid City.
- Billings Airport is 318 miles from Rapid City.
Rapid City Regional Airport
Rapid City Regional Airport located in Rapid City, South Dakota is the commercial airline hub for the Black Hills Region of South Dakota.
- Airport Code: RAP
- Location: Rapid City Regional Airport is located ten miles east of the city of Rapid City, South Dakota. Driving time between the airport and downtown Rapid City is approximately 15 minutes.
Allegiant Air - Las Vegas and Phoenix.
American Eagle - Chicago (seasonal) and Dallas/Fort Worth.
Delta Airlines - Minneapolis/St. Paul.
SkyWest Airlines - Salt Lake City.
Frontier Airlines - Denver.
United Airlines - Chicago and Denver.
- Airport Services: The Rapid City Regional Airport offers many other services to include a business center/conference room, full-service restaurant and lounge, baby care stations, newsstand, gift shop and arcade. In addition, The Rapid City Regional Airport has just upgraded its Wi-Fi Hot Zone. The new Wi-Fi Zone allows passengers to access the internet on their personal computers from anywhere in the terminal.
- Getting To/From the Airport: The airport is ten miles east of Rapid City, and there are rental cars, limousine shuttles and taxicabs available. There is an airport shuttle service which is locally owned and operated. This shuttle service will drop off and pick up anywhere in the Rapid City / Black Hills Region.
Sioux Falls Regional Airport
Sioux Falls Regional Airport, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, services the Sioux Falls area and the southeast area of South Dakota.
- Airport Code: FSD
- Location: The Sioux Falls Regional Airport is a joint civil and military use airport located three miles northwest of the central business district of Sioux Falls.
Allegiant Air - Las Vegas, Los Angels, Orlando-Sanford, & Phoenix/Mesa.
American Eagle Airlines - Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth.
Delta Airlines - Minneapolis/St. Paul, Atlanta, & Detroit.
United Airlines - Denver and Chicago.
- Airport Services: The airport provides a well maintained airfield, a modern passenger terminal, overnight cargo, complete aviation services, and is considered to be an International Port of entry.
- Getting To/From the Airport: Once you arrive, you can chose from several ground transportation options – rental cars, taxis, limos, buses, and shuttle services. Many of the local Sioux Falls Hotels have their own courtesy cars.
Billings Logan International Airport
Overlooking the city of Billings, Montana, located on a ridge of rim rocks, lays the Billings Logan International Airport. This is Montana's largest and busiest airport.
- Airport Code: BIL
- Location: No matter what direction you are coming from, it is easy to find the airport as it is located on a ridge of rim rocks lying to the north of Billings.
Allegiant Air provides service to Las Vegas, Las Angeles and Phoenix.
Frontier Airlines provides service to Denver.
Horizon Air provides service to Seattle.
SkyWest provides service to Salt Lake City and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
United Airlines provides service to Denver.
Great Lakes Airlines provides service to Denver and various locations within the State of Montana.
- Airport Services: Car rentals, a fine dining restaurant/lounge and a snack bar, gift shop, information booth, ATM, and pay phones (some equipped with modem access) are some of the services available at Billings Logan International Airport. If you are traveling with children, the airport has play areas for their entertainment. Short and long term parking for the public is located directly in front of the terminal building.
- Getting To/From the Airport: If you do not have your own vehicle, rental cars are available at the airport. The City of Billings has a bus system that does provide service from the downtown area to the airport. You can also take a taxi, or the facility where you are staying may have a shuttle service.
Because it is located approximately 200 miles southwest of the Black Hills of South Dakota, the Casper airport can be your destination airport, to begin your visit to the area.
- Airport Code: NCLA
- Location: The airport located 7 miles northwest of the central business district of Casper, Wyoming.
SkyWest Airlines for Delta Air Lines providing service to Salt Lake City.
SkyWest Airlines for United Airlines providing service to Denver.
Allegiant Air providing service to Las Vegas.
In addition, occasional charter flights (know as "casino or gamblers flights") to Laughlin or Wendover, Nevada are offered.
- Airport Services: Western hospitality greets visitors in a full service terminal which includes a gift shop, a restaurant, banquet rooms, conference and meeting rooms, wireless internet and wedding reception capabilities. Ground transportation and major hotel service are provided through the passenger services department.
- Getting To/From the Airport: Taxi service and car rental agencies are available at the airport. Several local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from the airport.